Biolinux is an openfree effort to make an operating system (BioOS) that can easily handle bioinformatic DBs, algorithms and servers. It started in the early 1995 in Cambridge, UK. It uses open source OSs such as Linux and will eventually contain numerous biological modules and languages such as Bioperl, BioPHP, and Biojava. BioLinux is under BioLicense
- Linux OS
- MySQL DB
- Apache web server
- Webmin admin package
- BioManager: An X manager for BioLinux
- BioLinux system management programs
BioLinux Distribution Pack
Biolinux email management
- BioOS: Biological OS that includes BioLinux. BioLinux is an instance of BioOS.
- PerlOS: Operating system that is made with Perl language.
- PerlShell: Shell that is going to be used as shell in BioLinux
- http://biolinux.org : This is a separate project from BioLinux.net.
- APbionet Knoptix
- Linux distributions
- http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/biolinux.html (Bio-Linux from Oxford
- BioSlax: A kind of BioLinux made by Tan Tinwee group in Singapore]